SRDA re-opened to walk-ins on May 16, 2022.
The Recreation Department re-opened on 5/16/22 and operates Monday through Friday 8AM to 4PM.
There are also outdoor group recreation activities scheduled as the weather allows. Please contact Donna at 719-553-3446 for upcoming events.
Walk with Ease is a new walking group that will take place on the Riverwalk.
Tuesday and Thursday
9:30 am – 10:30 am
Walk With Ease strives to teach participants how to safely make physical activity part of their everyday life.
Goals for Walk with Ease:
- Understand the basics of arthritis, and the relationship between arthritis, exercise and pain.
- Learn how to exercise safely and comfortably.
- Use methods to make walking fun.
- Develop and implement a personal walking plan with realistic goals for improved fitness.
- Gather tips, strategies, and resources for maintaining a long-term exercise routine.
Register with Donna at 719-553-3446 or email: Richmond@srda.org
Care and Share Mobile Market
October 3, 2023
10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Location: Richmond Apartments
165 Central Main St. (Behind SRDA)
All Richmond, Union Plaza and Vail Tenants are welcome. Open to the Community.
For questions call Donna at SRDA 719-553-3446
No personal documentation is needed for the care and share mobile truck.
Only two bags may be brought
First Come First Serve. (Places in line cannot be held)
Fun with Fitness at the Active Adult Center!
As you grow old, it is more important than ever to continue an active lifestyle! SRDA offers a variety of exercise equipment and fitness classes for all ages and ability levels:
- Tai Chi: Monday and Wednesday 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm 10 classes $25.00
- Tai Chi 2: Monday and Wednesday 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm 10 classes $25.00
- Chair Chi Gong: Monday 9:00 am and Wednesday 12:00 pm
- Creative Movement: Tuesday and Thursday 1:00 pm
- Chair Yoga: Wednesday and Friday 10:00 am - 11:00 am 10 classes $25.00
- Line Dancing: Wednesday and Friday 11:00 am - 12:00 pm 10 classes $25.00
- Zumba: Thursday 11:00 am - 12:00 pm $3.00 per class
- Walk with Ease: Tuesday and Thursday 9:30 am - 10:30 am
- Qi Gong: Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday at Pueblo City Park 10:00 am
- Exercise Equipment including recumbent bikes, stationary bicycle, and treadmills are open daily between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Bicycle Share Program is open to all! Our one size fits all easy board bikes are sure to get you were you're going. Take one out for your lunch break, to run an errand, or just go for a cruise! Bikes are available free of charge Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Trips & Socials
SRDA Recreation/Active Adult Center offers affordable day trips (during fair weather months) to Black Hawk and Cripple Creek, as well as outings to museums, natural hikes, and cultural performances.
Call today for upcoming events! 719-553-3445.
Monthly Dance Socials
Join us for monthly dance socials for the senior community in the dining room at the SRDA/Joseph H. Edwards Active Adult Center and enjoy the fabulous music, friends and fun!
Contact us at: 719-553-3445.
Do you want to exercise your brain and spend a fun few hours meeting new friends?
SRDA Recreation/Active Adult Center has several groups that will sharpen your wits and social experiences. Contact us at: 719-553-3445 for days and times:
- Knit and Chat
Call today for the activity schedule at: 719-553-3445
Classes & Workshops
Develop and unleash your creative side and soothe your soul with the Active Adult Center classes and workshops:
- Beginning and intermediate computer
- Acrylic Painting
- Water Coloring Painting
- Journal Writing
- Cooperative Drawing
- Ear Acupuncture
Please plan to join us and call today for the schedule and fees, at: 719-553-3445
Outreach Organizations at SRDA
- Bridging Gaps A Social Support Group
- Humane Society Pikes Peak Region
- Senior Planet Computer Classes
- Care and Share Food Bank For Southern Colorado
- Pueblo Cardiology Heart Failure Support Group
- Dementia Caregiver Support Group
- Colorado Legal Services
Our department is conveniently located on the second floor of the:
Joseph H. Edwards Active Adult Center
(at the corner of Union and Grand)
230 N Union Avenue
Pueblo, CO 81003