The Senior Resource Development Agency recognizes that we serve some of the most vulnerable populations at high risk for being severely affected by Coronavirus (COVID-19). The wellbeing of our participants, volunteers, and staff are top priority. The Center for Disease Control encourages the use of social distancing to reduce the rate and volume of exposure to the virus. Taking proactive measures now can help deter the spread of COVID-19. SRDA has enacted the following precautionary measures for programming effective March 16th until April 1st, at which time we will reassess. However, as situation evolves additional steps may be taken.
The following programs will follow school district closures, which are closed through March 27:
- Foster Grandparent
- School Crossing Guard
All recreation programs are cancelled, including access to the recreational equipment and space. The AARP tax site hosted by SRDA has also been suspended until further notice.
In-home and transportation programming will continue.
- HELP-includes homemaker and yard maintenance/chore services
- Aging and Disability Services for Colorado (ADRC) in-home assessments
- Philips Lifeline medical alert services
- Meals on Wheels
- SRDA Transportation
- Bustang Outrider
- Alamosa to Pueblo
- Lamar to Pueblo
- Pueblo to Colorado Springs
Walk-in services for ADRC is discouraged at this time, please continue to call as many services can be provided by phone at 719-583-6611.
Congregate Meal sites will adhere to the following guidelines:
- Avondale, Pueblo West, Colorado City congregate meal sites will be closed.
- To our consumers at the Joseph Edwards Active Adult Center and Fulton Heights Center meals will be available for pick up only, between the hours of 11:30 AM and 12:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
- For our Joseph Edwards Active Adult Center consumers who use our transportation service, we will make available temporary Home Delivered Meals upon request.
- For our consumers at the Mineral Palace Towers, Mesa Towers and Pueblo Grande, we will be providing meals for pick up only, between the hours of 11:30 AM and 12:30 PM on your regular meal days.
- Please be reminded that reservations will still be required in order to receive a meal. That number is 719-543-0100.
Clients that experience a meal site closure or are not comfortable with picking up a meal, we are offering temporary Home Delivered Meals, please call us at the above reservation line and let us know.
Once again, for those already receiving Meals on Wheels, those will continue to be delivered to your door as usual. If you are not comfortable with a driver delivering meals, please call the reservation line to discuss.
As a reminder, the best practices for avoiding the illness include washing hands regularly, disinfecting surfaces appropriately, and staying home to avoid contact with others if you are feeling ill or exhibiting symptoms.
If there is anything we can do to support you during this time, please do not hesitate to reach out. We encourage clients, volunteers, and staff to reach out to their usual points of contact at SRDA with any follow up questions. Alternatively, you may call 719-545-8900 for more information.
Please consider giving your Colorado tax refund to support our mission. Just use registration #20023002990